Opiates are the substance which has been derived from Opium. It commonly has been found in poppy seeds. It is a part of a plant which has been used for making alcoholic drinks and smokes for many years. It has a modern term name Opioid. Many farmers cultivate these poppy seeds for a long time. Poppy seeds grow in the Southeastern parts of Asia where it has been introduced as Joy plants. They sell these opiums into the market for money or make drinks from poppy seeds, which they sell to some particular customers.
Opiates are an alkaloid compound that naturally has been found in the opium poppy plants. The opium plants have some psychoactive compounds like thebaine, codeine, papaverine, and morphine. It also has been used for medical purposes.
Uses and advantages of Poppy Seeds:
Opiums are a highly addictive narcotic drug which has been acquired in dried latex from the poppy seed pods. It is also known as Papaver Somniferum. It has some synthetic materials like methadone, oxycodone, fentanyl, and hydrocodone. Some of the uses of Opiates are-
- In ancient times poppy seeds have been used by Greek and Roman people to release pain.
- It has been found in areas like Southeast Asia, Europe, and China. It relaxes the muscles of a person taking opiums.
- From poppy seed pods, oils may extract, which is useful for massaging on areas where a person is feeling pain. They can also rub the oil on joints to feel relaxed and relief from discomfort.
- Opiate is useful and profitable for business purposes as the market value of poppy seed pods are remarkably high.
Compounds extract from Opiates:
Here are some composites which have been obtaining from poppy seed pods –
- Codeine is a prodrug that has been converting to morphine and acts on opiate receptors.
- Heroine – It is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine. It is a natural opiate.
- Meperidine It is a part of the arylpiperidine class, which is a synthetic material.
A poppy seed pod has various kinds of uses for human beings. There is a compound known as morphine alkaloid, and Heroin has been deriving from morphine.